IT Project Coordinator
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Global Science & Technology, Inc., a fast growing high technology firm, is seeking candidates for an IT Project Coordinator to provide project management support under general supervision for a multi-year Information System Project requiring an understanding of large project implementations involving multiple software components, multiple locations, change management, software installation, software testing, and training. The candidate must have experience working with MS Project and a project management methodology, preferably Agile methodology or equal. PMI CAPM certification would be desirable but not required.|
The position is a long term engagement located in Charleston, WV.
Assist the project team to compile and administer all project tasks and activities:
• Create a project communication plan using information supplied by the project team
• Serve as point of contact for project communication and scheduling
• Maintain risk and issue logs with information supplied by Project Team
• Conduct project quality assurance assessments for project deliverables and work processes, when needed
• Document system deficiencies, tasks activities and recommends solutions
• Work may need to be performed outside of normal 9-5 business hours
• Knowledge of principles and practices of project management methodology, such as the Project Management (Agile) or equal
• Ability to compile, assimilate, understand and communicate information to various groups
• Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality
• Ability to communicate effectively and to deliver effective presentations
• Ability to understand business process management and business requirement
Responsibility is held for overall project coordination, status reporting, issue resolution and achievement of project objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and configure tools to support Project Management Activities, Executive Review Processes, and Compliance activities.
•Assist with project planning, budgets and schedules.
•Contribution to the compilation of a project plan and assistance with plan maintenance as directed by the project manager
•Work with subject matter experts, functional leads and technical leads to create and manage the project work
•Scheduling and coordinating project meetings on an as needed basis
•Compile a written status report for projects and provide to the Project Director/Manager for review and distribution
•Maintain the project communication plan
•Assist Project Director/Manager with collecting and compiling daily status updates from other project team members on assigned tasks
•Assist the Project Director/Manager to addressing issues and change requests
•Work may need to be performed outside of normal 9-5 business hours
|Qualifications:||Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: |
•Minimum of one (1) year professional experience in the delivery of services and products
•Minimum of one (1) year professional experience in business processes and procedures,
•Minimum of one (1) year experience in a project managing or coordination role
•Minimum of one (1) year experience with MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Outlook, and MS Project
Education Experience Required:
•Bachelors of Arts or Science in any subject required.
Target Start Date: February 18, 2013 for a 24 month engagement
Non-U.S citizens with current work authorization status will be considered.
Expected Start Date and End Date
The desired start date is February 18, 2013.
GST offers competitive salaries; vacation, sick, and holiday leave; major medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; 401K retirement plan; tuition assistance; and opportunities for employee career growth and development.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume to: email@example.com. Subject line should read IT Project Coordinator – Charleston, WV. Please fax your resume to (304) 534-3296.
GST is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.